Okay, so my post-naming game is off… but I blame it on the 4 month long “break” I took from blogging and my work-in-progress Etsy shop. Long story short, I took a break because: finals week, dad had heart surgery with a rough recovery, ALL DAY sickness per pregnancy, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Day, aaaand work work work work work. I also just really needed some time to figure out if I wanted to keep blogging/etsy-ing/social media-ing. As it turns out, I still do. I just know I have to make it work for me, instead of this hobby making me work. This “battle” of decisions on how to do that exactly… still out on who’s winning.
Thankfully I’m on a small vacation in Vail, Colorado in which I can sit and think about these things because 1) the husband is out snowboarding all day, 2) our sweet first child is staying at grandma’s, and 3) I’m nursing myself back to health from a sinus infection so I literally have nothing to do but sit around and think. I’m not great at just sitting, but it’s been good for me. It’s forced me to think about all the tough decisions I’ll need to make in the near future. I’ll save you the stress of reading my list of tough decisions because trust me, ain’t nobody wanna think about that.
I WILL give you a look at some of my goals for 2017 and perhaps a list of post ideas for this year. I want to continue pouring happiness into the internet-osphere from this little blog, in hopes that someone, somewhere, will feel uplifted.
Personal Goals for 2017:
- Increase my faith in God, however that may look. I’d say 99% of my faith looks like me, creating lists of things I want to accomplish in my life, and asking God to provide ways for me to do all of them. (Without really asking God what HE wants me to accomplish). Although this probably doesn’t sound like an awful idea – I know from experience it can be a terrible stumbling block for my faith when things don’t go the way I planned. So, this year, I’m going to do my best to really let God lead. I want to be flexible. I want to be patient. I want to be tested and pass with flying colors. This is super scary for me because I am a control freak and not having any sort of plan in which to increase my faith just leaves me feeling stranded.
- Read more and write more. I’m in no way inclined to think I’m a good writer, or even a tolerable one. I’m sure I’ve made more than a few unbearable grammar mistakes that my precious friends have held their tongue about. This is not a goal I would have normally picked for myself, but it seems like a good challenge that I am willing to take on.
- Catch up on my photos. I used to scrapbook a LOT, but it seemed to take up more time and space in my house than was necessary. I also didn’t ever feel like my pages turned out how I wanted them to. I started digital scrapbooking with Blurb last year, and it’s been pretty great so far. I still have a ton of work to do, but I hope to finish my daughters baby book through her second birthday, and finish a few vacation books before the end of 2017.
- Make some moves on my Etsy shop. I have been hesitant to really work on my Etsy shop because I fear I’ll be getting in over my head. Even with the few hours a week I was putting in when I first opened it, it felt like a lot of work. The custom orders I was doing were fun, but sort of giving me more stress than I could handle so – I might be tabling those for a while! I’m looking into digitizing everything, and I think it will allow me to feed my creative side while also taking care of the dreaded financial/business monster that tags along with it.
Possible upcoming posts:
- Book Reviews
- Stitchfix Maternity Box Review
- Personal Calendar Peeks
- A Hometown Shout-Out (it’s getting really cute – lots of folks cleaning up old buildings and inserting small businesses that deserve a look!)
- Etsy Shop Reviews
- Fair Trade (my favorite)
There you have it! My first post of 2017. Hope you’re not scared off 🙂 Keep on the lookout for my next post!